- Adult Protective Services
24 Hour Elder Abuse Hotline
- Ombudsman—Advocates for residents in long-term care facilities:
Working Hours Line
After Hours Crisis Line
- Adult and Aging Contact Page
- IHSS Payroll Information: 577-1877
- To apply for IHSS: 577-1900
- AAA Information & Assistance
- Public Administrator
- Public Guardian-Conservator (Probate)
- Public Guardian- Conservator (LPS)
- Area Agency on Aging (AAA)
Adult & Aging Services
6955 Foothill Boulevard Suite 143
Oakland CA 94605
In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
IHSS Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates:
At this time, our Adult and Aging Services (AAS) lobby is closed to the general public. We want to keep you and those you care for safe. We remain committed to meeting your IHSS needs by phone, video conference and online. For limited purposes only, you may be able to access the AAS lobby. Please continue reading for more information.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is now available, for a limited time, to all IHSS recipients and providers. For information on how to request PPE, CLICK HERE
Please know that your IHSS hours will continue to be in place during this time. If you have any questions or have additional service needs, contact your IHSS Social Worker.
- For information on COVID-19, please click on the CDSS Informational for IHSS Recipients or AAS Guidance on COVID-19.
- For information on requesting an Emergency Back-Up Provider due to COVID-19, CLICK HERE or call (510) 577-1980.
If you are an IHSS provider without symptoms and have not been exposed to COVID-19, you should continue working for your IHSS recipient(s) during the period of this emergency. Please take precautions recommended by public health agencies to prevent transmission of COVID-19 (CDPH Guidance).
- Provider Orientation: Following CDC guidance on social distancing, all in-person provider orientations are limited to 18 or fewer attendees (9 per session). Orientations are drop-in only and on a first-come, first serve basis. Please click on the calendar below for details:
We now offer online provider orientation options as well. Please contact the IHSS Call Center at: (510) 577-1800 for more information on how to complete your online provider orientation today!
- Submitting Documents: You may now submit all required enrollment documents by email to: IHSSProviderEnrollment@acgov.org OR fax to: 510-577-1803. If you are unable to submit documents by email or fax, you may continue to mail them to the office: 6955 Foothill Blvd., Suite 300, Oakland, CA 94605 OR drop-off your completed forms at the table located outside of the AAS Lobby at Suite 143.
- For information on claiming Sick Leave for COVID-19, you must meet the criteria outlined on the COVID-19 Only - IHSS Provider Sick Leave Request Form (TEMP 3021). Please submit your completed request to IHSSTEMP3021@acgov.org.
- If you are interested in providing emergency back-up IHSS to a recipient in need, CLICK HERE.
Great Plates Delivered - Older Adult Meals Program
The Alameda County Social Services Agency is excited about the opportunity to support our community through the
Great Plates Delivered—Older Adult Meals program.
The program is not currently operational but we are accepting applications for County residents interested in receiving meals.
Oakland residents can apply to City of Oakland Great Plates Delivered or call 510-238-3663 or email email@example.com
We have designed a program that is inclusive and provides the highest quality nutritious food and service to eligible adults 60 and older at high risk from COVID 19 to stay home and remain healthy.
Please note the Great Plates Delivered program is currently approved through July 10, 2020. Any extensions of the program beyond that date are handled by the California Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) in consultation with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Please consult this website for updates as necessary.
IHSS Payroll Information: 510-577-1877
To apply for IHSS, call 510-577-1900
The IHSS program is a federal, state, and locally funded program designed to provide assistance to those eligible aged, blind, and disabled individuals who, without this care, would be unable to remain safely in their own homes. IHSS provides services according to the client’s ability to perform daily activities, and can include feeding, bathing, dressing, housekeeping, laundry, shopping, meal preparation and clean up, respiration, bowel & bladder care, moving in and out of bed, rubbing the skin (to prevent skin breakdown), accompaniment to medical appointments, paramedical services, and protective supervision.
IHSS clients are responsible for locating their own chore providers, for hiring and supervising their providers, and for firing the provider if the services are not performed according to the client’s specifications. The Alameda County Public Authority for IHSS maintains a Registry of individuals available to work as chore providers.
Click Here to download a Provider Enrollment packet.
Who qualifies for IHSS?
To be eligible for IHSS, you must be on Medi-Cal, be blind, disabled, or 65 years of age or older, AND be unable to live at home safely without help.
If you are not on Medi-Cal, but think you might be eligible for IHSS, you can still apply. An Eligibility Technician will be assigned to your case and will let you know what documentation is needed so that a Medi-Cal determination can be made. If the determination finds that you are eligible for Medi-Cal, the next step in the application process is a home visit from an IHSS Social Worker.
IHSS Social Workers determine if you qualify for IHSS by assessing your functional need for specific services, and by identifying the amount of time to be allotted for the performance of services. Depending on the amount of your monthly income, you may be required to pay a share of cost for these services.
How to apply for IHSS
There are several ways to apply for IHSS. You can call 510-577-1900, and follow the menu selections to be connected with the IHSS Screening Unit. Social Work Screeners can either help you complete the application over the phone, or if you prefer, can mail an application to you. You can also download an application from this Web site, or you can come into the office Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. The IHSS Lobby is located on the 1st floor of the Eastmont Self Sufficiency Center, Suite 143, 6955 Foothill Boulevard, Oakland.
CMIPS II: Making It Easier for IHSS Providers to Get Paid
CMIPS II is the new computer program that will make it easy for you as an IHSS provider to complete your timecards and will help you prevent time-consuming errors. "Learn How to Complete Your Timesheet Correctly." Click here for your timesheet completion instructions. Please continue to submit any correspondence to 6955 Foothill Blvd., Suite 143, Oakland, CA 94605. To speak to a payroll representative call: 510-577-1877.
Also, if you would like to receive your payments faster and avoid paper paychecks, Direct Deposit is an option that is available to you. Please see flyers below for more information.
Employment/Income Verification Requests:
Request for Verification of Employment or Income, Form 70-23
For instructions on how to submit requests CLICK HERE
IHSS Client Information Line
Check out our new In-Home Supportive Services Information Line to get updates on IHSS. The direct number is 510-577-3560 - keep this number handy and call frequently to get the latest IHSS information. This line is information only, you will not be able to speak to staff directly via this number. Calling 510-577-3560 may save you the need to come into the office or speak to your worker to get your questions answered. You can also find more information on the State’s website at www.cdss.ca.gov Click on IHSS.