ALAMEDA COUNTY CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION COUNCIL
"Child Abuse Prevention is Everybody's Business"
What we do...
- Coordinates community efforts to prevent, recognize and respond to child abuse and neglect
- Promotes the safety, physical and emotional health and well being of children and families
- Believes that strengthening and supporting families provides a safety net for vunerable and at-risk children
- Provide a forum for interagency cooperation and coordination in the protection, prevention, detection, treatment, and legal processing of child abuse cases
- Promote public awareness of the abuse and neglect of children and the resources available for prevention, intervention and treatment
- Encourage and facilitate training of professionals in the detection, treatment and prevention of child abuse and neglect
- Recommend improvement in services to at risk families and victims
- Encourage and facilitate community support for child abuse programs
Who we are...
The Child Abuse Prevention Council was established in 1978 to foster cooperative child protection efforts in Alameda County and to encourage the development and coordination of county-wide children's services including child abuse and neglect identification, reporting, prevention, intervention, treatment, and public education and awareness.
The membership of the Council is composed of individuals, agencies and organizations concerned about the problem of child abuse and neglect and dedicated to developing strategies to reduce the incidents of abuse and neglect for all children in Alameda County.
The Council is active in activities which help prevent child abuse.
- Monthly Membership meetings to network and share information
- Multi-Disciplinary team meetings to improve system responses
- Annual training regarding emerging issues
- April Blue Ribbon Prevention Campaign
- Annual report on child death fatalities reported to the coroner
- Directory of Community resources
- Development and distribution of public awareness materials
- Active coordination and advocacy for at risk children and families
- Annual funding to community agencies working in child abuse prevention, intervention and treatment services
Alameda County Child Abuse Prevention Council
Alameda County Child Abuse Reporting Hotline
[ TOP ]