- Media Relations
- Season of Sharing
- Client Concerns
Submit a concern
- Additional Contact Information
Alameda County Social Services
North Oakland Office
2000 San Pablo Ave
Oakland CA 94612
No Cost Tax Preparation for Low-Income Families and Individuals
On Monday, March 16, 2020, the Social Services Agency's (SSA) No Cost Tax Preparation Program closed its doors to the public until further notice. This comes as an immediate effort to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of our volunteers, tax filers, and community. The health and safety of our volunteers and tax filers are our priority. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we all adjust to the current circumstances.
What does this mean for tax filers?
If you have dropped off your return or have a return in-progress at one of our four sites, call (510) 271-9141 for pick-up instructions.
If you have not filed your taxes and need assistance, call 211 for other open sites in the Bay Area.
- The California Franchise Tax Board announced special tax relief for California taxpayers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.Visit https://www.ftb.ca.gov/
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has some Free File Online options based on income: https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free
- Our community partner, United Way Bay Area, United Way Bay Area has partnered with Code for America to offer online filing by trained staff and volunteers via Get Your Refund. Fill out a quick online interview and upload documents, and the team will do the rest. Visit getyourrefund.org to learn more.
- United Way Bay Area is offering supported DIY tax filing via online webinar. Visit their page for information and upcoming dates.
SSA's No Cost Tax Preparation Sites
- Eden Area Multi-Service Center
24100 Amador St
Hayward CA 94544 (map)
- Enterprise Office
8477 Enterprise Way
Oakland CA 94621 (map)
- Thomas L. Berkley Office
2000 San Pablo Ave.
Oakland CA 94612 (map)
- San Lorenzo Office of Supervisor Wilma Chan
15903 Hesperian Blvd
San Lorenzo CA 94580 (map)
For additional questions, contact the SSA VITA program at (510) 271-9141 or email email@example.com.