- Media Relations
- Season of Sharing
- Client Concerns
Submit a concern
- Additional Contact Information
Alameda County Social Services
North Oakland Office
2000 San Pablo Ave
Oakland CA 94612
No Cost Tax Preparation for Low-Income Families and Individuals
Provided by IRS-certified Alameda County volunteers
The Alameda County Social Services Agency (SSA) is providing no cost IRS certified tax preparation assistance to low- and moderate-income taxpayers from January 22, 2020 to April 15, 2020.
Since 2002, SSA Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) preparers have helped taxpayers to receive larger tax refunds by claiming the credits they have earned. The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is provided to working families and single or married individuals. Additionally, families and individuals may be eligible for other credits. Find out if you qualify: https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit
DID YOU KNOW? California offers its own Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) for W-2 wage and self-employed income earners with calendar year 2019 tax returns. This credit is offered in addition to the existing federal EITC. Check to see if you are eligible: http://caleitc4me.org/get-it/
Visit one of our four sites and have your taxes prepared at no cost by our qualified IRS-certified preparers. Priority service will be given to low-income households. Have your tax refund as quickly as 7 to 10 days with a no-fee direct deposit card. It's Your Money--Get It! Don't miss out!
Appointments are REQUIRED at all sites! Go online to schedule your appointment: https://alamedasocialservices.org/eitc.cfm
Program Printable Flyer.
Program Dates: January 22 through April 15, 2020
Mondays and Wednesdays, 5:30 - 8:30 pm
Saturdays, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Eden Area Multi-Service Center
24100 Amador St
Hayward CA 94544 (map)
- Enterprise Office
8477 Enterprise Way
Oakland CA 94621 (map)
- Thomas L. Berkley Office
2000 San Pablo Ave.
Oakland CA 94612 (map)
Wednesdays, 5:30 - 8:30 pm
Saturdays, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- San Lorenzo Office of Supervisor Wilma Chan
15903 Hesperian Blvd
San Lorenzo CA 94580 (map)
What do I bring?
- A copy of your 2018 tax return
- Photo ID for each person adult person on tax return
- Original Social Security or ITIN card for each family member
- W-2 forms or 1099-MISC, and all other payment documents for all jobs or income received in 2019
- Bank interest statements
- All 1098, 1099 forms & any other tax forms
- Unemployment income--1099G
- List of calculated self-employment expenses
- Child care provider information and phone number
- Educational expenses
- Form 1095-A, Affordable Health Care statements, or exemption documentation
- Checking, Savings or CFR Card account numbers for refund processing / direct deposit
- Proof of foreign status IF applying for an ITIN
- Documents for ITIN renewal and/or new application (originals required for adults and children)
Note: Both spouses must be present to sign required forms on a married-filing-joint tax return.
$ave Your Money!
Saving at Tax Time is as Easy as 1, 2, 3! No matter how small, every cent counts when saving for an emergency or a financial goal.
- Bring your savings and checking account information to your tax preparation.
- Determine how much of your refund you want to save.
- Ask your tax preparer to split your refund into your two or more accounts: savings and checking.
Check out this video to learn more about saving.
Additional Services Offered:
- Census 2020 Questionnaire Assistance Center
- Voter Registration
- Computer access to apply online for CalFresh and Medi-Cal
- Convenient drop-off and pick-up services
- No-fee debit card and direct deposit services for tax refunds
- Financial education and asset building resources
- Tax Preparation for Married Filing Separately for those who qualify
- Assistance with the completion and submission of Form W-7 by Certified Acceptance Agents (CAA) to obtain an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for those who qualify
For more information contact our program at (510) 271-9141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.