Promoting the economic and social well-being of individuals, families, neighborhoods and communities. The Alameda County Social Services Agency is comprised of 2,200 men and women working collectively and in partnership with community-based organizations to serve the needs of the community. The Agency assists approximately 11.3 percent of Alameda County's residents. Read More
- Most Popular
- Doing Business With Us
Benefits CalWIN is an online system that will provide customers the option of applying for CalWORKs, CalFresh and Medi-Cal. Click here to apply
Eligibility Programs Websites
Cash, Medi-Cal and CalFresh
Foster Care Providers
Important: For In-Home Support Services (IHSS), please call 510-577-1800. For the General Assistance (GA) program, you must apply in person at one of our office locations.
More GA program information
Are you Registered to Vote?
If not, the Social Services Agency would like to assist you with the process. It is quick and easy and can be completed online. But first, you must qualify to register. If you meet the following qualifications you are ready to begin the online voter registration process.
To register to vote in California, you must be:
- A United States citizen,
- A resident of California,
- 18 years of age or older on Election Day,
- Not in prison, on parole, serving a state prison sentence in county jail, serving a sentence for a felony pursuant to subdivision (h) of Penal Code section 1170, or on post release community supervision (for more information on the rights of people who have been incarcerated, please see the Secretary of State's Voting Rights for Californians with Criminal Convictions or Detained in Jail or Prison), and
- Not found by a court to be mentally incompetent.
Let's get you registered!
Click here to start the process.
Community Ambassadors Program
Interested in volunteering with Social Services? Read more here.
Season of Sharing (SOS) is a private fund providing crisis-based assistance for housing and critical family needs to Alameda County residents. Those eligible for consideration are: families with children under 18 living in the home, elderly individuals over the age of 60 and individuals with medically verified disabilities who are currently and have been residing in Alameda County for at least six continuous months. More details here.
The attached report reflects nearly a year long evaluative process to assist SSA executive staff in fully understanding the range of issues that impact service delivery and client outcomes of the General Assistance Program. I would like to thank the Roots evaluation team, SSA program staff, executive and senior managers as well members of the Board of Supervisors, advocacy partners and our clients for their contributions.
New at the Social Services Agency: Free Summer Lunch for Kids & Teens Age 18 and Under!
The Social Services Agency invites parents to bring their kids age 18 and under to enjoy a FREE tasty and healthy lunch!
Eden Area Multi-Service Center
24100 Amador St, Hayward 94544
1st floor - Room 160
July 8 through August 19, 2014
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. daily (Mondays-Fridays)
**No lunch service on Wednesday, August 6**
Lunches are prepared by the innovative Revolution Foods and will be provided to children on a first-come, first-served basis to be eaten on site. No pre-registration is required. The daily-changing menu will include offerings like chicken teriyaki, cheesy quesadillas, juicy meatball subs, and other tempting options. Read more here.
LIMITED OFFER -- Free computer and low cost broadband for low-income households
Many low-income children are entering high school and college and will need a computer to stay competitive. Qualifying households may receive free Internet access, as well as a free computer and tech support. Contact East Bay Connects at 1-866-460-7439. Applications accepted until Sept. 20 Read more here.
Social Services Customer Satisfaction Survey
The Alameda County Social Services Agency is committed to providing and maintaining the highest levels of service for its customers, and we value your feedback. This information will be used to help determine your customer service experience and to help identify areas that may need improvement. Please take a moment to complete this Customer Service Survey. The survey holds the highest level of confidentiality; therefore, the identity of the respondents is anonymous. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your participation. Take the survey!
Top 10 SSA pages
Top 10 Searches
Top 10 Documents
Standard file format is Portable Document Format (PDF). Free Adobe Reader required.
- Alameda County In-Home Supportive Services (PDF)
- Medi-Cal and You (PDF)
- Applying for Benefits (PDF)
- Senior Housing Guide (PDF)
- IHSS Application Instructions (DOC)
- Form # 1 IHSS Application (DOC)
- Form # 2 Application for Medi-Cal (PDF)
- Personal Care Services Program Provider/Enrollment Agreement (SOC 426) (PDF)
- In-Home Supportive Services Chore Provider Agreement (CP-7) (PDF)
- SSA Community Ambassador Application (PDF)
Doing Business With Us
The SSA contracts with a number of community-based organizations
and other government agencies.
This is a list of the current funding opportunities. Click an item below for more details.
- Request for Proposal: Alameda County Workforce Investment Board (ACWIB) Contracting/Vendor Pay Agent & Employer of Record Services
- Request for Proposal: Subsidized Wage Employment Program
- Request for Proposal: Career and Employment Centers
- Request for Proposal: Alameda County Workforce Investment Board (ACWIB) Career Readiness Program
- Request for Proposal: Alameda County Workforce Investment Board (ACWIB) Comprehensive One-Stop Career Center Services
- Request for Proposal: Alameda County Workforce Investment Board (ACWIB) Specialized One-Stop Career Center Services
- Request for Proposal: Alameda County Workforce Investment Board (ACWIB) Employer Services Hub Project
- Request for Proposal: Substance Abuse Testing and Treatment Services
- Request for Proposal: CalWORKs Domestic Violence Support Services
- Request for Proposal: Another Road to Safety Program
- Request for Proposal: CalFresh and Medi-Cal Outreach and Enrollment
EMERGENCY: 24 hour hotlines
- Child Abuse — 510-259-1800
- Elder Abuse — 510-577-3500 or 1-866-CALL APS (1-866-225-5277)
- Health, Housing & Human Services Information — 211
- Safely Surrendered Baby — 1-877-BABYSAF (1-877-222-9723)
- Ombudsman—Advocates for residents in long-term care facilities:
Working Hours Line 510-638-6878
After Hours Crisis Line 1-800-231-4024
Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- CalWORKS, CalFresh, General Assistance, Medi-Cal — 510-263-2420 or 1-888-999-4772
- Adult Services/IHSS — 510-577-1800
- Adult Medi-Cal — 510-577-5655
- IHSS Providers — 510-577-1877
IHSS Clients/Providers Website
- Foster Care Providers — 510-780-8888
Foster Care Providers Website
- Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) Helpline — 1-877-328-9677